Monday 29 April 2013

Exploring the Sydney Laneway - Angel Place


Forgotten Song at Angel Place is a creation by artist Michael Thomas Hill. The place has 186 birdcages and 10 speakers which play the songs of about 50 bird species. The birdcages were originally installed as a temporary exhibition, but now the birdcages are empty and the speakers are no longer play the songs, but still can remind us about the habitat loss. I came to the place not with a purpose, I was shocked when I discovered this place! The narrow street, tall building on the sides and the lonely birdcages there made me feel depressed. The bird cages are hung very high, if you pass the lane in a rush without look up, I think you are going to miss the birdcages. So when we observe a place or a city, we should always slow down our pace, we might get surprised by the detailed design of a place or a city.

No comments:

Post a Comment